The experienced team at Clyne & Bennie can take care of all your repairs and unexpected emergencies. Below are some tips on how to make your site safe.
What to do if your pipes burst
- Turn the water off at the mains tap immediately
- If the pipe is located in the ceiling or wall space, turn off the power immediately
- Turn on taps to the sink and bath to drain the system
- Switch off the hot water cylinder
- Contact us on 0800 37 47 37 as you’ll need a licensed plumber to remedy the situation
What to do if you suspect a gas leak
If you smell gas inside your home
- If it can be done safely, turn off all gas appliances
- If it can be done safely, turn off the gas supply at LPG cylinder or at the meter
- Open doors and windows
- Leave all electrical appliances or switches as they are – a flick of a switch could cause a spark and ignite the gas
- Don’t use your phone in the area
- Contact us on 0800 37 47 37 as you’ll need a licensed gas fitter to come to check the appliance and system
Signs that you may have a blocked toilet, drain or septic tank issue
- Sink, toilet and shower are slow to drain
- Foul smell coming from drains
- Septic tank or plumbing backs up
- Toilet makes gurgling sounds when flushed
What to do:
- Reduce the amount of water you are using, minimise flushing the toilet and using the shower, dishwasher and washing machine
- See if the drains are overflowing outside, if they are you will need a drainlayer/plumber more urgently. Keep children and pets away from the area
- If you are on private pump chamber, provide us with as many details regarding access to the pump as you can
- Call us on 0800 37 47 37
What to do if you have no hot water
Gas hot water system
- Check you gas supply is turned on and you have gas in the bottles.
- Check pilot light is on (if there is one, some are electronic)
- Check there is power to the water heater unit (plug in another appliance to test for power)
- Call us on 0800 37 47 37
Common electric hot water cylinder problems
- Check your hot water cylinder circuit breaker to see if has been tripped, if it has you can reset the breaker. If it trips again call us on 0800 37 47 37 and an electrician can come out to diagnose the issue.
- Faulty thermostat and faulty heating elements are easily diagnosed and simple to replace.
- No water flow, your cold feed may be blocked to supply tank
What to do if the circuit breaker keeps tripping
The circuit breaker is a safety feature designed to make sure you don’t overload your system, it’s designed to cut out when you overload it which can easily happen when you plug in to many appliances.
If you’ve had this problem, take a moment to assess what may be causing the overload before you reset it.
It’s a safety featured designed to protect the circuit from overheating and causing damage or even worse starting a fire. Don’t ignore the issues call us 0800 37 47 37 to come and have a look.